Posted By Mr.Alias At 06:00 PM - 03-21-2011. Download Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook Rapidshare, Torrent, Mediafire, rapidgator, Extabit. All download links in end post.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook By Sarath Lakshman
Publisher: P.a.c.kt Publi.shing 2011 | 360 Pages | ISBN: 1849513767 | PDF | 13 MB
- Solve real-world shell scripting problems with over 110 simple but incredibly effective recipes
- Master the art of crafting one-liner command sequence to perform tasks such as text processing, digging data from files, and lot more
- Practical problem solving techniques adherent to the latest Linux platform
- Packed with easy-to-follow examples to exercise all the features of the Linux shell scripting language
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
GNU/Linux is a remarkable operating system that comes with a complete development environment that is stable, reliable, and extremely powerful. The shell being the native interface to communicate with the operating system is capable of controlling the entire operating system. There are numerous commands on Linux shell which are documented but hard to understand. The man pages are helpful but they are very lengthy and it does not give any clues on key areas where commands can be used. Proper usage of shell commands can easily solve many complex tasks with a few lines of code, but most linux users don't have the right know-how to use the Linux shell to its full potential.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook is a collection of essential command-line recipes along with detailed descriptions tuned with practical applications. It covers most of the commands on Linux with a variety of usecases accompanied by plenty of examples. This book helps you to perform complex data manipulations involving tasks such as text processing, file management, backups and more with the combination of few commands.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook shows you how to capitalize on all the aspects of Linux using the shell scripting language. This book teaches you how to use commands to perform simple tasks all the way to scripting complex tasks such as managing large amounts of data on a network.
It guides you on implementing some of the most common commands in Linux with recipes that handle any of the operations or properties related with files like searching and mining inside a file with grep. It also shows you how utilities such as sed, awk, grep, cut can be combined to solve text processing related problems. The focus is on saving time by automating many activities that we perform interactively through as browser with a few lines of script.
This book will take you from a clear problem description to a fully functional program. The recipes contained within the chapter will introduce the reader to specific problems and provide hands-on solutions.
This practical book will help you gain control over all the aspects of Linux using the powerful shell scripting language
What you will learn from this book
- Explore a variety of regular usage tasks and how it can be made faster using shell command
- Couple frequently used commands like grep, find, sed, awk
- Write shell scripts that can dig data from web and process it with few lines of code
- Perform and automate tasks such as automating backups and restore with archiving tools
- Understand file systems, file types and manipulations
- Create and maintain file/folder archives, compression formats and encrypting techniques with shell
- Set up Ethernet and Wireless LAN with the shell script
- Monitor different activities on the network using logging techniques
!!!No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules!
By k3vin245 in forum E-Books
Last Post: 03-20-2011, 01:01 PM
By kickass in forum E-Books
Last Post: 03-08-2011, 04:32 AM
By duabevnh in forum E-Books
Last Post: 02-19-2011, 12:58 PM